IDFPR Rules and Regulations
For what is happening nationally, you should check the Advocacy Action Center on National AMTA website. There you can connect to Advocacy notices that may affect massage therapy and directly contact your legislative representatives. You may also be interested in the Advocacy News Archives for more information.
Recent Legislative State Changes
- Effective January 1, 2024 HB 2756 was signed into law on June 9th. This law requires massage therapists to acquire 1 CE each renewal cycle on domestic violence and sexual assault awareness. This hour is in addition to the existing 24-hour requirement so massage therapists will have to have a total of 25 hours of CE.
- Effective January 1, 2024 Paid time off for ALL employees (not including independent contractors) https://www.illinois.gov/news/press-release.26164.html
- January 1, 2022 The Massage Therapy Practice Act Section 50 mandates that “A massage therapist shall include the current license number issued by the Department on all advertisements…” This includes cards, and signs.
- 2020 —
- IDFPR mandated that the 24 CE are no longer distinguished between self-study and hand-on. Therefore, all 24 CEs can be done self-study, online etc.
- Every licensed profession in the state of IL must have 1 CE on Sexual Harassment Prevention to renew their license.
Legislative State News