AMTA Illinois Delegates
The AMTA-IL elected the following Delegates to represent in person the Chapter at the AMTA National Convention Assembly of Delegates meeting. Delegates are elected online to serve a two-year term. All Chapters seat up to two delegates.
Angela Agius (2023-2025)
Michelle ‘Mickey” Agney (2023-2024)
Delegate application form:
Delegate Job Descriptions
Must be a professional member in good standing of the Chapter to which they are assigned
Must sign the AMTA Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Agrees to uphold and abide by National AMTA Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Policy, Code of Conduct, Rules of Engagement, and Job Description.
Shall not be an AMTA National Board member.
Delegate is given authority by National Bylaws and Policies and through election by the Chapter membership.
Delegate is accountable to the members of the Chapter by virtue of election, and to the Chapter Board by virtue of funding, where applicable.
Term of Office
The delegate shall serve a term of office of two years, beginning at the same time as chapter officers’ terms. The delegate shall serve no more than three consecutive elected terms
Delegate represents her/his Chapter members in the AOD and related activities, informs the Chapter of timelines, and facilitates the Chapter’s influence in the HOD.
Delegate works with her/his Chapter members and fellow Chapter Delegates, as well as Delegates from other Chapters and the Assembly of Delegates Operations Committee (AODOC), to follow timelines and carry out the assignments and charges applicable to the AOD function.
- Delegate, in communication at all Chapter Meetings and through other means available, initiates member involvement in discussion of matters that may or will come before the AOD.
- Delegate responds to Chapter Board and member communications on a regular and timely basis via phone, e-mail, or other appropriate means.
- Delegate provides written reports to the Chapter Board as directed by the Chapter Board.
- Delegate attends all Chapter membership meetings, and reports to the members and Chapter Board at those meetings.
- Delegate maintains a working knowledge of materials provided for the AOD meeting.
- Delegate prepares and reviews all necessary materials prior to meetings.
- Delegate attends and participates in the AOD orientation and meeting and casts informed votes.
- Delegate reports the actions of the AOD to the Chapter membership.
- Chapters may assign additional Chapter responsibilities to delegates.
- The time commitment averages about 2-4 hours per month.
- Delegate attends the Chapter Annual Meeting, Chapter membership meetings, Chapter Board meetings (as requested by the Chapter Board), Chapter Leadership Training, (as requested by the Chapter Board), the Delegate Orientation Meeting and the AOD Meeting at the National Convention. Time commitment will be considerably higher during the annual convention.
Use of Organizational Resources
Resources related to carrying out the duties of this office:
- AODOC provides materials and training.
- Chapters may provide reimbursement according to Chapter Policy.
Vacancy and Succession
In the event of a vacancy, the chapter president will appoint a member to the Delegate position.
Removal from Office
A Delegate may be removed from office for failure to:
- Fulfill her/his duties and responsibilities (dereliction of duties).
- Abide by the AMTA Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Policy, Code of Conduct, Rules of Engagement, or Job Description.
- Keep AMTA membership dues current.
Removal shall occur in accordance with the AMTA Chapter Conflict Resolution Process.