AMTA® Code of Ethics
Massage therapists/practitioners shall:
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients in the course of a massage therapy session.
- Be truthful in advertising and marketing, and refrain from misrepresenting his or her services, charges for services, credentials, training, experience, ability or results.
- Refrain from using AMTA membership, including the AMTA name, logo or other intellectual property, or the member’s position, in any way that is unauthorized, improper or misleading.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity which would violate confidentiality commitments and/or proprietary rights of AMTA or any other person or organization.
About the AMTA-IL Chapter
Illinois Chapter has more than 3,367 individual members, making ours the 5th largest Chapter in the nation. We have members in 82 of 102 counties across the state. Click on the map to enlarge and see where our greatest numbers are and how many AMTA members there are in your county. We plan to develop a more detailed map for Cook County in the future.[/su_spoiler]
Dream BIG with AMTA’s Career Resources
Take that next step in your career, better market your practice and access resources to take care of your clients and yourself.